Friday, January 1, 2010

"One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this: To rise above the little things."

NEW YEAR'S EVE
BREAKFAST

1/3 cup Quakers Oatmeal
1/3 cup Dannon Light and Fit yogurt
1 small apple
Lots of cinnamon
This was my first time trying the oatmeal and yogurt combo and I must say I liked it a lot. The yogurt gave my oatmeal a creamy texture without being too creamy. Generally I like my oats more on the sticky side. Yogurt and oats for the win.
LUNCH


Toasted Arnold Thin with original Laughing Cow Cheese
1 small apple that isn't pictured 

The laughing cow cheese was purchased the other day and I couldn't wait to try it. Why haven' I tried this cheese sooner? It's the perfect cross between cream cheese and soft cheese. I do prefer my cheese to have a stronger flavor, but I was still very satisfied and will continue to purchase them. I tried to keep my lunch very light because I knew lots of New Year's celebration was in store.
FESTIVITY

It was great to finally go out for New Year's! Yes, I live with my parents and they are indeed protective and I can't blame them one bit. Well, lets say eating more than you drink on New Year's is not such a good idea. I haven't binged like this in a LONG time. In all honesty I am rather embarrassed about how much I actually did eat and knowing that people acknowledged it as well. Get ready for some of the things I ate: Hot dogs and sauerkraut, bun included, bbq little smokies, cheese and crackers, veggies and dip, tortilla chips with yummy spicy guac, pie....yuck. Hanging out in the kitchen where all the food is while drinking is a terrible idea. In the new year social eating is one thing I need to tackle.

My lovely friend Cortny mixing up our "jello chugs". I had my first jello shot!

Let me tell you a bit about Cortny...she is a wonderful free spirited person. She's a vegetarian, recycles, and love whole foods and Trader Joe's. Oh and she also loves yoga. She just may be a foodie's best friend, when she isn't drinking of course. ;) We had a nice discussion about food, nutrition, and exercise last night. When she found out I've never been to Trader Joe's she immediately opted to make a trip with me soon. Exercise is really our downfall...we discovered we like and dislike the same things about it and are thinking of becoming work out buddies to stay motivated. Yay.

I also had my first jager bomb. ;) Indeed, I was pretty excited about it after hearing a lot about them.

Awe. Matt and myself. (Yes, that's another jager bomb.) 
Over-all I really enjoyed bringing in the new year with my boyfriend, our friends, and our friends friends. It's always a good time with them. A lot of fun, but nothing too crazy. 

 On to the resolutions...
Now I really don't like making resolutions, I prefer to say "things I would like to do or improve".
  • Drive! - It's true everyone...I do not have my driver's license. Why you ask? I am past the blaming my parents for making me wait to drive, now I am procrastinating. Part of me is terrified to drive. I know I need to get over the fear of driving, because it's something I need to do to function.
  • Enroll in college. - Again, procrastination. I AM enrolling this fall for paralegal studies. I changed my mind a few times on my major and I finally have my mind set. Originally I wanted to go for theatre, but I feel being a paralegal is much more stable in times of economic turmoil.
  • Eat less processed food. - I find it difficult to make a lot of food because: A) I am not experienced in the kitchen. B) It isn't easy making meals for one. C) I don't want things to go to waste. 
  • Learn more about exercise and utilize it by making a workout plan. - I have never been fond of exercise and I don't know if I ever will be. I hate sweating, as bad as that sounds. It's not that I'm lazy, I just don't like the feeling of pushing myself physically. There has to be something out there I can get into! I do like yoga, but I need to incorporate it more. I've lost the weight I wanted to, now it's time to tone up.
  • Read more. - Simple, I need to read more! Technology can be such a time waster.
  • Save money. - With school coming and possibly a car of my own I need to crack down on my spending. I must realize and education is more important than petty things I don't need.
  • Be more social and outgoing. - When I was younger I would talk to anyone and everyone about anything, but lately I have been more on the reserved side. Being outgoing will benefit in many ways, especially career wise. Also, I think me being more on the reserved side has made me boring. I'm not looking to be crazy and loud, but I need to let loose.
  • Recycle. - Over the past year or two I have been talking about it, but I haven't made the steps. I posed it to my parents and they feel it's more of a hassle than anything unfortunately. Even if I recycled myself it's more of a contribution than I currently am making.
  • Explore new hobbies. - Sometimes I need an outlet, but I don't have much to turn to. It's time to look for new hobbies! 
  • Show more appreciation. - I know I don't praise people enough for the wonderful things they do and I must. 
  • Strengthen relationships. - In general with my parents, boyfriends, friends, etc. I have a need to feel closer to people lately.
Simple enough. This isn't nearly close to what I would liek to accomplish, but I like to have ideas and won't beat myself up over not accomplishing something. This past year I accomplished my weight loss goal and then some. I am very proud of myself! =] I will have to post my weight loss story soon. Off to my New Year's Day post.






0 comments: