Saturday, December 19, 2009

"Beauty is being in harmony with what you are. "

I went out to Rumors Grille and Bar in town last night to see my boyfriend and his bands play for their Christmas party and as always had a good time out. Matt started a new band that I only heard play once so this was only my second time hearing them. I can honestly say they have improved and I'm looking forward to see where the band goes once they begin to write their own music. Sektor 7 is his main band and Head Space is his new band, both are cover bands for now. Anyway, when I left last night snow was falling, but I never expected to wake up to 6 or 7 inches of snow! The entire East Coast really got hit with snow from what I hear.


BREAKFAST


1/3 cup Special K Protein Plus cereal
1/3 cup Danon Light and Fit Yogurt
1 small apple
Cinnamon to taste (I love cinnamon!)

I ate the last of my yogurt today, which I always buy by the quart. Unfortunately the Walmart where I shop only has plain and vanilla in quarts, I'd really like more variety. On almost every food blog I read I see them using Stoney Field organic yogurt so maybe I will try it. Danon should have some yummy holiday flavors in the 6 and 8 ounce cups so I may pick some of those up as well. On this cold day I am looking forward to having some soup for lunch or dinner. Did I mention that I don't like snow? Strange, I know. It's beautiful and all, but what I really don't like is the cold that comes along with it. Brrr.
SNACK
6 Wheat Thin original cracker
1/2 tbsp. of Great Value sugar free strawberry preserves
LUNCH 


1 slice split top oat bread
1 cup Campbell's broccoli potato soup with ground black pepper


About 1.5 cups of Dole salad mix with a little added tomato and broccoli
1 tbsp. Kraft fat-free caesar italian dressing
DINNER
 
(This cellphone picture doesn't do it any justice!)

2 ounces of Starkist canned albacore white tuna in water
1/2 celery stalk and onion
About 4 walnuts

1 tbsp. light miracle whip
1/2 medium apple
8 reduced-fat Wheat Thins
DESSERT
1/2 Skinny Cow peanut butter ice cream sandwich

I was pretty full, but wanted something sweet so I just ate half of one. Tomorrow I may have a repeat of this dinner considering I still have half a can of tuna and an apple left, but I may eat it in a tortilla. I also have about a cup of potato broccoli soup left, but I may save that for another day. Currently I am learning more about fitness and how to incorporate it into my life more each day. I do about 20 minutes of yoga every day, but I am getting bored and need to tone up my middle more. Just taking baby steps. =]

0 comments: