Thursday, December 10, 2009

"Do-so" is more important than "say-so."

I'm starting this blog in hopes to inspire and get ideas from others on healthy living. I also think that a visual food journal will be more helpful in my journey. While searching on Self.com I came across a food blog written by their nutritionist and will be using similar ideas in my own blog. Each day I will track my food intake along with pictures if possible. Not only is this blog about food intake, it's about over-all health--fitness and emotional well being included.

BRUNCH


Scrambled eggs: 
1/2 cup Egg Beaters, chopped broccoli, onion, tomato, and ground black pepper
1 slice Sara Lee Whole Wheat toasted bread
1/2 macintosh apple sliced
1 tall glass water flavored with sugar free Great Value cranberry drink mix 
Estimate calories: 194


DINNER


Not a very good picture, sorry.
1/2 oven roasted chicken breast with seasoning (Half of portion shown)
About 1 cup roasted vegetables with seasoning
1 tall glass of cranberry flavored water 
Estimated calories: 302
DESSERT
(Not pictured) 1 large home made chocolate chip cookie
Estimated calories: 196

SNACKS 

(Not pictured) I had a little slip while seeing A Christmas Carol tonight and had half of a snickers bar. 
Estimated calories: 140 

1/2 apple from brunch sprinkled with cinnamon
Estimated calories: 54

OVER-ALL CALORIC INTAKE: 879

Tomorrow I plan on taking the half of portion of chicken I didn't finish from dinner and make a chicken salad. Yum, yum. I will try to stray away from the sweets tomorrow, but they really are my down fall!

0 comments: